Boy in Thetford injured after being shot with air weapon
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
A child was injured after he was shot with what is believed to have been an air weapon, police say.
Officers in Thetford were called to Guildhall Street just before 7pm tonight to reports of a boy having been shot with an air weapon.
The ambulance service were called and took the child, who suffered minor injures, to hospital as a precaution.
Police are keen to hear from anybody who may have information.
Additional patrols will be taking place in the area tonight.
• Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights