Boy band The Wanted make Kayleigh’s birthday surprise
Kayleigh Henshaw is the envy of teenagers across the country after pop group The Wanted turned up at her home as an 18th birthday surprise.
Kayleigh thought she was going to enjoy a quiet night at home with her parents in Wimblington on Tuesday after a birthday drink with her father Paul at the Anchor pub.
But when she got home the boy band had arrived to spend the night with her family and enjoy the celebrations.
The band visited as part of Channel 4 show Live And Lost, which is documenting their trip from Dover to Leeds for a concert. They have to get there using just �20 and the help of fans.
They were formed last year following a mass audition by Jayne Collins, the same woman who formed The Saturdays. Their first song, All Time Low, debuted at No 1 in the summer and their first self-titled album hit the shops last month.
Kayleigh found out about the band's trip through an e-mail asking for fans' help. She replied and said she shared her birthday with band member Siva Kaneswaran.
Kayleigh's mum Sharon said: 'The band got in touch and told her they would be unable to visit, but said she could have some complimentary tickets to the concert. They wanted to get in touch with me to make sure it was ok.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 3 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 4 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 5 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
'When they called me they said they intended to surprise Kayleigh. There was a lot of stress to make their plan work but it was fantastic and well worth it.'
After hours of talking, signing autographs and singing songs, band members Max George and Tom Parker slept on the living room floor of the family home in Morley Way before heading to Leeds on Wednesday morning.
Kayleigh said: 'The evening was amazing, a brilliant surprise. I was only going to have a quiet night in with my family.
'I have been a huge fan for about six months since a friend of mine told me to listen to a couple of their songs.'
Live And Lost will be shown on Channel 4, at 11.20am on Sunday.