Bowthorpe fun day to help with loan sharks
Residents in Norwich will unite for a community fun day with a serious message this weekend.
Bowthorpe Youth and Community Centre will host Saturday's event from noon till 4pm with circus skills workshop, face painting, t-shirt graffiti, a slide and bouncy council and more keeping the crowds entertained.
The day is being organised by the Norfolk Alliance working alongside the England Illegal Money Lending Team and other local partners and will allow people to discover more about the services which are available locally, including the opportunities for legal and safe credit.
The team will be raising awareness of the dangers of borrowing from illegal money lenders, as part of an ongoing campaign to tackle illegal money lending in Norwich.
Vivien Farrow, managing director of Cotman Housing Association said: 'As well being a great fun-day out for families we welcome this event as an opportunity to highlight the misery that can be caused by the greed of illegal money lenders, and the alternative forms of affordable finance available in the community.'
You may also want to watch:
Victims of loan sharks are encouraged to call the England Illegal Money Lending Team on 0300 555 2222.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Major new £20m green business park approved