Opening of new bowling alley in Norwich delayed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The opening of a new 'boutique' bowling alley in a former Norwich cinema has been delayed.
Bowling House on Dereham Road was due to open on Saturday but due to recent bad weather it will now not open its doors until March 27.
The bowling alley will offer food, beer, wine and cocktails on its five lanes when it opens in the old Regal Cinema.
Managing director Jack Thompson said last week: 'We're so excited to be bringing something new and unique to Norwich. The building has been totally transformed and will be unrecognisable when it's finished.'
Originally the Regal Cinema, the building housed a bingo hall and casino before becoming derelict.
You may also want to watch:
It was then taken over by the Wetherspoons pub chain, which opened it as the City Gates pub in 1999.
The building has remained empty since an all-you-can eat Asian buffet, Merge, closed its doors in November 2016.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys