Fire at Castle Mall restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Four fire crews were this morning sent to tackle a blaze at a Castle Mall restaurant in Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted shortly after 7am to a fire in Bourgee, one of the newest restaurants in the mall's Timber Hill Terrace.
Crews from Carrow and Sprowston and two from Earlham stations attended the scene after being alerted by security staff at the shopping centre.
However, the fire proved straightforward for crews to manage, extinguishing it in around 20 minutes.
Alan Jaye, station manager at North Earlham, said: "We were alerted this morning to an accidental fire in Bourgee restaurant this morning after security at the mall reported seeing smoke and called 999.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a small fire and there was no real damage done."
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 9 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 10 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition