Steak and lobster restaurant could open in Norwich’s Castle Mall
- Credit: Archant
The latest name looking to move into a revamped section of Norwich's Castle Mall has emerged.
Steak and lobster restaurant Bourgee has lodged a licensing application to open a new site, which will be located in the Timber Hill Terrace section of the mall.
The application states the restaurant would be set across two floors, with a ground floor containing an open kitchen and bar and tapas style food offered on the floor above.
It is submitted by a company called Morgarten Restaurants Ltd, though the restuarant will trade as Bourgee.
The application says: 'The premises are designed to operate as a high end restaurant attracting a target customer based of 30 years plus of age.
You may also want to watch:
It comes after the company, which was founded in 2014 in Essex, was forced to close three of its other locations - in Southend, Chelmsford and Bury St Edmunds - after going into administration.
On announcing the closure of the trio of sites in April, owners James Welling and Mark Baumann stated it was able to retain its location in Southend Airport and would soon opening new venues - of which Norwich appears to be one.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
The new restaurant would open between 9am and 1am, seven days a week and may also host live music on occasion.
Currently, the Timber Hill Terrace has just one occupant - Mexican restaurant and margarita bar Cocina, which opened in November 2017.
However, Bourgee will not be the only new name coming to the terrace this summer, with winery Veeno and bar and restaurant Babel also due to arrive.
Robert Bradley, centre manager at the Castle Mall, said: 'We are extremely pleased that Timber Hill Terrace will be providing brand new dining offers right in the heart of the city.
'The anticipation has been building and we look forward to celebrating with a glass of fizz in Veeno in the coming months.'
Bourgee will be located in unit five of the development, on the left of the Timber Hill entrance to the mall next to the former walk-in centre.
The licensing application will be decided in due course.