Cromer lifeboats launched to report of person in water
- Credit: Archant
Two lifeboats were called to reports of a person and moped in the water by Cromer Pier.
The boats were called at 12.30am on Thursday, October 24 and were asked to conduct a search in the vicinity of the pier and surrounds.
Cromer's relief all weather lifeboat 'RNLB Peter and Lesley-Jane Nicholson' and inshore D class 'George and Muriel' were soon at the scene.
The sea was calm, with the wind gusting at Force 1 and fair visibility, although it was part cloudy.
After a thorough search, nothing was found and both boats were stood down and returned to their respective boathouses.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer and Sheringham coastguard were also paged to reports of the moped.
Norfolk Constabulary also in attendance with a drone and local officers. Information from the police on the whereabouts of the moped owner brought the search to a stop.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
By 3.30am both Cromer lifeboats had been rehoused washed down and made ready for its next call.