Both Cromer lifeboats called out to help a powerboat in difficulties
- Credit: Archant
Both Cromer lifeboats were called out to assist a powerboat in difficulties.
The 'Double Trouble' was on its way to Wells from Great Yarmouth when engine and mechanical problems caused it to need help.
Cromer's D class lifeboat 'George and Muriel' was on a training exercise when crew saw the boat in trouble, and it was soon apparent that a tow would be needed.
A call was put in for RNLI Cromer's all-weather boat 'Lester' to be launched and by 4.45pm on Thursday, July 6 it was at the scene, a tow rope was attached to the powerboat and they were under way. 'Lester's' crew returned to the boathouse later and by 8.10pm the lifeboat was made ready for its next call-out.
John Davies, RNLI coxswain for Cromer RNLI Lifeboat, said: 'We were able to get to the scene very quickly due to the training exercise noticing the powerboat's difficulties. Our regular training means we can respond quickly to those in need.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county