Bohemian Rhapsody on the big outdoor screen at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Open air cinema returns to Hunstanton with two screenings this summer.
On Saturday, July 27, the Oscar-winning Bohemian Rhapsody will be showing after Sunset on The Green (9pm).
The 12-rated film stars Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury and is a celebration of the music of Queen.
Before the main feature, there will be a screening of a short black and white film from Hunstanton Heritage Centre. The classic footage takes a railway journey from King's Lynn to Hunstanton.
The big screen returns on Saturday, August 17 (8.30pm) for a showing of the original PG rated Mamma Mia film. Another chance to sing along to some classic songs, this time from Abba.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this screening a short film called 'A Plastic Ocean' will be shown.
Elizabeth Nockolds, West Norfolk council's cabinet member for culture, heritage and health, said: "Our open-air cinema screening was incredibly popular last year and we're excited about its return. Two great films are being shown this year, both featuring classic songs that I'm sure the audience will want to join in with.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
"Make sure you get to The Green nice and early to grab a place to sit to these free screenings".
Both events are part of the borough council's Hunstanton Heritage Gardens programme, funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund to improve facilities and activities in the gardens.