Warning over bogus double glazing workman
- Credit: Archant
People have been warned after a bogus caller claiming to be from a double glazing company visited a home offering to carry out work.
Suffolk Police have urged vigilance after the bogus caller visited a home on Prospect Road, in Lowestoft, on Monday, June 29.
Shortly after midday, the man, who had no proof of identity, claimed to be from a double glazing company and offered to clean the gutters.
The man is described as being in his late 60s, 5ft 7ins tall, balding and walking with a limp.
At the time, he was wearing a dark zip-up jacket, jeans and slip-on trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The home’s occupants refused the offer and the man left on foot towards Hall Road.
Anyone with information about the incident, or who has been approached in a similar way, is urged to contact officers on 101, quoting CAD number 135 of June 29.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.