Bogus caller warning in Thetford
Detectives have called on elderly residents in Thetford to be aware of bogus callers after a man in his 80s became the victim of a burglar posing as a water board official.
Detectives have called on elderly residents in Thetford to be aware of bogus callers after a man in his 80s became the victim of a burglar posing as a water-board official.
The distraction burglary happened in St Michael's Close on November 7 between 3pm and 3.15pm when the bogus official said he was calling to check the elderly resident's water supply.
After the suspect left, the victim found £25 missing from a drawer.
The offender is said to be white, about 5ft 6in and of medium build. He was bald on top with dark hair at the sides, between 30 to 40, clean shaven and wearing a dark- blue top.
Contact Det Con Mark Sneath at Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 9 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk