Body of missing woman found in river
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a woman has been found in the River Wensum by police searching for missing Clare Kerrison.
On Friday, February 21, police officers searching for the missing 48-year-old recovered the body of a woman in the river between Costessey and Hellesdon.
Mrs Kerrison, of The Street, Costessey, had not been seen since leaving her home at around 11pm on Tuesday, February 18.
Formal identification will be carried out in due course but police believe it to be the body of Mrs Kerrison and her family have been informed.
Emergency services including police and lowland rescue were involved in the search, which was launched after the alarm was raised on Wednesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Her body was found shortly before 1pm.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?