Body of missing Carol Smalley believed to have been found
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A body found at an RSPB nature reserve is believed to be that of a 54-year-old woman who went missing from a Norfolk beach.
A body of a female was found on a beach at Minsmere Nature Reserve in Suffolk on Tuesday.
While police said formal identification of the woman's body is due to take place, it is believed to be that of 54-year-old Carol Smalley, from Lincolnshire.
Her next of kin have been informed.
Police said the death is not being treated as suspicious and a file for the coroner will now be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Smalley was last seen on Wednesday, January 3 with her clothes and a bag found on a beach at Hopton.
Her disappearance had led to extensive searches with police even using a drone.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
Previous searches involved lifeboat crews and Coastguard teams, a Lowland Search and Rescue Team and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.