Body of missing Carol Smalley believed to have been found
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A body found at an RSPB nature reserve is believed to be that of a 54-year-old woman who went missing from a Norfolk beach.
A body of a female was found on a beach at Minsmere Nature Reserve in Suffolk on Tuesday.
While police said formal identification of the woman's body is due to take place, it is believed to be that of 54-year-old Carol Smalley, from Lincolnshire.
Her next of kin have been informed.
Police said the death is not being treated as suspicious and a file for the coroner will now be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Smalley was last seen on Wednesday, January 3 with her clothes and a bag found on a beach at Hopton.
Her disappearance had led to extensive searches with police even using a drone.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
Previous searches involved lifeboat crews and Coastguard teams, a Lowland Search and Rescue Team and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.