Body of missing Carol Smalley believed to have been found
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A body found at an RSPB nature reserve is believed to be that of a 54-year-old woman who went missing from a Norfolk beach.
A body of a female was found on a beach at Minsmere Nature Reserve in Suffolk on Tuesday.
While police said formal identification of the woman's body is due to take place, it is believed to be that of 54-year-old Carol Smalley, from Lincolnshire.
Her next of kin have been informed.
Police said the death is not being treated as suspicious and a file for the coroner will now be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Smalley was last seen on Wednesday, January 3 with her clothes and a bag found on a beach at Hopton.
Her disappearance had led to extensive searches with police even using a drone.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 10 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
Previous searches involved lifeboat crews and Coastguard teams, a Lowland Search and Rescue Team and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.