Body of man found in woodland near Little Plumstead confirmed as David Howell
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man found in woodland near Little Plumstead following a missing persons appeal and police search has been confirmed as unemployed 43-year-old David Howell.
Norfolk Police launched an appeal to find Mr Howell, originally from Downham Market, who they considered as 'vulnerable' on February 16, and began actively searching for him. He had last been seen at his home on Norwich Road in Little Plumstead in the early hours of February 14.
On February 17, members of Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue Team discovered Mr Howell's body about a mile and a half from Little Plumstead, at Blackhill Woods.
At the opening of the inquest into his death this morning area coroner Yvonne Blake said the medical cause of death was hanging. It was confirmed he had been known to mental health services.
You may also want to watch:
The full inquest into his death will take place at Norfolk Coroner's Court on July 24.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison