Body of man found in woodland near Little Plumstead confirmed as David Howell
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man found in woodland near Little Plumstead following a missing persons appeal and police search has been confirmed as unemployed 43-year-old David Howell.
Norfolk Police launched an appeal to find Mr Howell, originally from Downham Market, who they considered as 'vulnerable' on February 16, and began actively searching for him. He had last been seen at his home on Norwich Road in Little Plumstead in the early hours of February 14.
On February 17, members of Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue Team discovered Mr Howell's body about a mile and a half from Little Plumstead, at Blackhill Woods.
At the opening of the inquest into his death this morning area coroner Yvonne Blake said the medical cause of death was hanging. It was confirmed he had been known to mental health services.
You may also want to watch:
The full inquest into his death will take place at Norfolk Coroner's Court on July 24.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region