Man’s body recovered from river
- Credit: Google Street View
The body of a man has been recovered from a Norfolk river.
Norfolk police have confirmed that the man’s body was found in the river Waveney at Diss on Tuesday.
With help from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, the body was brought out of the river, near Diss Golf Club in Stuston Road, at 6.30pm.
Police are treating the death as unexplained, but say it is not believed to be suspicious.
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to establish the cause of death.
You may also want to watch:
No further details are being revealed until formal identification has taken place and the next-of-kin informed.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire