Body of woman found on popular walking route in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The body of a woman has been found along a popular walking and cycling route in Norwich.
Police discovered the body on Wednesday afternoon on Marriott's Way, near to Bridge Street and Barker Street.
The area has been sealed off and the death is currently being treated as unexplained.
Police and a forensics team are still at the scene, which is located in a small woodland behind the GO Outdoors store.
According to local residents, the area is known as 'Train Wood'.
You may also want to watch:
One man, who did not wish to be named, said the woodland is regularly used by people 'unofficially camping' in the area.
Next to the cordon are the remains of several tents.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
A police spokesman said: 'Police can confirm the body of a woman has been discovered in Norwich.
'The discovery was made by officers on Marriott's Way, near to Bridge Street and Barker Street, shortly before 4.30pm today, Wednesday, 31 January.'
• Updates to follow