Body of woman found on popular walking route in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The body of a woman has been found along a popular walking and cycling route in Norwich.
Police discovered the body on Wednesday afternoon on Marriott's Way, near to Bridge Street and Barker Street.
The area has been sealed off and the death is currently being treated as unexplained.
Police and a forensics team are still at the scene, which is located in a small woodland behind the GO Outdoors store.
According to local residents, the area is known as 'Train Wood'.
You may also want to watch:
One man, who did not wish to be named, said the woodland is regularly used by people 'unofficially camping' in the area.
Next to the cordon are the remains of several tents.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
A police spokesman said: 'Police can confirm the body of a woman has been discovered in Norwich.
'The discovery was made by officers on Marriott's Way, near to Bridge Street and Barker Street, shortly before 4.30pm today, Wednesday, 31 January.'
• Updates to follow