Body found on Kessingland beach
- Credit: Ian Burt
The body of a man has been discovered at Kessingland beach.
Police were called to the scene just before 8.40am on Friday after a body was located on the shore.
According to Suffolk Constabulary, police are not treating the death as suspicious but the man's death remains unexplained.
The family of missing man Lawrence Gibbs who vanished at Pakefield Beach on October 20 have been informed of the discovery.
The 56-year-old was last seen entering the water at around 5pm before he disappeared.
At the time, an extensive search was carried out by coastguard teams from Lowestoft, Gorleston and Aldeburgh, numerous RNLI lifeboats and a coastguard rescue helicopter.
Formal identification of the body will take place and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction