Body found near Wisbech named locally as missing man Andrew “Ed” Collingwood
A man found dead in a field near Wisbech has been named locally as missing 36-year-old Andrew 'Ed' Collingwood.
Police were called to Begdale Road, in Elm, just after 10.15am on Sunday after passersby raised the alarm.
It is believed the man died from gunshot wounds.
Mr Collingwood was reported missing on August 18 and his family made an appeal for information over the weekend.
He failed to take any medication for his epilepsy with him when he left his mother's Elm home on a push bike, telling her he would not be long.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious and the case had been passed to the coroner.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault