Man's body found in King's Lynn homeless pod
- Credit: Google Street View
Police have confirmed the sudden death of a man in King's Lynn.
Officers were called at around 10.30am on Saturday, April 17, to reports a man's body had been found at the Kingsway Pavilion off Riversway.
He has since been identified as Karl Stacey, aged 33, from King's Lynn.
He was discovered at a Bunkabin sleeper unit, of which there are several available for the town's homeless community to use.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: "The death is being treated as unexplained, but there are no suspicious circumstances.
"A file will be prepared for the coroner in due course."
The Bunkabin pods in North Lynn were launched during the latter part of 2020 to give homeless people a warm place to sleep.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 8 Man in 60s charged for drink driving and soliciting a prostitute in Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
They support the King's Lynn Winter Night Shelter, which currently accommodates fewer guests due to social distancing constraints.