Body found in woodland in Snettisham
- Credit: IAN BURT
The body of a man in his 40s was found in the Snettisham Woods area last night, police confirmed this morning
Formal identification has yet to take place but it is thought to be the body of 48-year-old Andrew Simpson from the Leziate area, who was last seen on Thursday, January 24.
Police officers, assisted by Norfolk Fire and Rescue service and Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue, conducted a series of searches over the past week and it was during one of these that the body was found.
A post mortem will take place shortly, although a police spokesman said there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
The death has now been referred to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 10 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021