Body found in Rockland St Mary not being treated as suspicious
A woman's body has been discovered in water at Rockland St Mary, near Norwich, today (Friday).
A woman's body has been discovered in water at Rockland St Mary, near Norwich.
Police said the body was found at about 9am today in the staithe area at Rockland St Mary, and that officers were alerted by a member of the public.
The staithe area was cordoned off until about 2.30pm while police carried out investigations, and the Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard Team and the South Broads RNLI Lifeboat based at Oulton Broad worked with police to recover the body.
A police spokesman said the death was not believed to be suspicious and officers were trying to locate the next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said police were unable to release any more details about the woman at this stage.
He said: 'Officers are trying to determine the circumstances in which the female ended up in the water.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
'The seal has been lifted and at this stage the death is not believed to be suspicious. Officers are currently trying to locate the next of kin.'
• Any witnesses should contact Sgt Neil Williams at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.