Body of man found in overturned car off A47
- Credit: Archant
A body which police believe may be that of a missing man has been discovered inside an overturned car near the A47.
Police were called to A47, at its junction with the B1108, at around 9am this morning (January 17) following reports of an overturned car on the embankment next to the road.
The body of a man was discovered inside the car - a silver Mercedes.
While no formal identification has taken place, police said the family of 25-year-old Luke Boorman, who was reported missing on January 16, have been informed.
Following the incident a section of the A47 on King's Lynn bound carriageway was closed with motorists asked to avoid the area.
It had re-opened by 3pm.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are asking for anybody who saw the crash, has dashcam footage, or saw the vehicle before it overturned, to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications