Body of man found in overturned car off A47
- Credit: Archant
A body which police believe may be that of a missing man has been discovered inside an overturned car near the A47.
Police were called to A47, at its junction with the B1108, at around 9am this morning (January 17) following reports of an overturned car on the embankment next to the road.
The body of a man was discovered inside the car - a silver Mercedes.
While no formal identification has taken place, police said the family of 25-year-old Luke Boorman, who was reported missing on January 16, have been informed.
Following the incident a section of the A47 on King's Lynn bound carriageway was closed with motorists asked to avoid the area.
It had re-opened by 3pm.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are asking for anybody who saw the crash, has dashcam footage, or saw the vehicle before it overturned, to contact them.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April