Body found in car in river at Grimston, near King’s Lynn believed to be that of missing man
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man, believed to be missing Barry Gill, 82, has been found inside a car in the river at Grimston, near King's Lynn.
Police issued a missing person's appeal earlier today, as concerns grew into the welfare of Mr Gill, who went missing from Leziate.
The discovery of the vehicle, which is a silver Honda Jazz, was made at 7.25am today.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Formal identification is yet to take place; however, it is believed to be the body of 82-year-old Barry Gill who was reported missing from Leziate yesterday afternoon.
'There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances; however, the death is now being treated as a fatal road traffic collision, pending further enquiries. No further details will be released and an inquest will be opened in due course.'
Mr Gill had last been seen leaving his home address in Station Road between 1pm and 3pm yesterday.
It was believed he was driving to Grimston in a silver Honda Jazz with the registration R062 MBX.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 6 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 7 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k