Body discovered in Norwich city centre street
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man has been discovered in a Norwich city centre street.
Police found the body in an alleyway off King Street, leading to Murrells Court, after they were called at 2.20am today.
A forensics tent has been erected and two police officers are standing guard outside the entrance to the area which has been sealed off while police carry out enquiries.
The death is being treated as unexplained.
Alan Copperwheat, 66, of Swan Yard, opposite to the alley way where the body was discovered said: 'It's dreadful. Norwich is a fairly safe and it feels quite peaceful here.'
You may also want to watch:
Simon Buller, 39, the owner of CourageNoble Barbershop and Supplies said: 'It's not nice and it's not pleasant.'
Police have not released any details about the age or identity of the man.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler