Bobby lapping up the love following dramatic rescue from Gimingham well
- Credit: Archant
He is the plucky pooch who has a daring streak and defied the odds to survive two weeks trapped in a well.
And now, after his ordeal, Bobby the cocker spaniel is lapping up all the attention from friends and relatives amazed at his miraculous adventures.
Two-year-old Bobby was at the centre of a two-hour rescue operation on Thursday evening when his yelps for help were heard from the bottom of a 82ft well in a field in Gimingham, near Cromer.
The pooch, who had been missing for two weeks, had become trapped in the well which had opened up metres away from where Bobby and his owners, Adrian and Sally Phillips, lived.
A relieved Mr Phillips, 64, said Bobby, who is now recuperating and being looked after by Gillian Attridge, in Southrepps, is already back to his normal self.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'He has no signs of trauma at all.
'We have taken him to the vets and other than a red nose where he has been digging there are no signs of any injuries.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 10 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
'We think he was trapped for the two weeks because of the amount of weight he has lost. He has lost about 2kg. We think if he had not been trapped he would have made his way home somehow.'
He said Bobby was also getting lots of attention from people amazed to hear of his lucky escape.
He said: 'He has had lots of visitors. Bobby loves the attention. He is a people dog and so friendly.'
Do you have a story about an amazing animal rescue? Email firstname.lastname@example.org