Boat tours of Norfolk’s only sailing canal to resume this month
- Credit: Archant
Boat tours of Norfolk’s only sailing canal are poised to resume this month, following the introduction of new safety measures.
Three months ago, Covid-19 restrictions brought tours of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal to a halt, with trips unable to go ahead safely within government guidelines.
However, new safety measures are now in place and tours of the historic and picturesque canal will soon resume.
These measures, put in place by the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust, include reducing the maximum number of passengers aboard the vessel - the solar-powered vessel Ella II - to six and limiting groups to just one household and their bubble.
Meanwhile, the skipper will wear face covering at all times while staying two metres away from passengers, while all surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned and passengers provided with hand sanitiser.
You may also want to watch:
Boating officer Graham Pressman commented. “Ella II has a roof canopy against the rain made up of solar panels, but is open sided to offer that ‘outdoor’ experience.
“We’ve had a comprehensive deep clean after three months of inactivity and, with all of our new safety measures in place, we now can’t wait to get back out on the water.”
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 9 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale