Fire crews tackle boat blaze in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been tackling a fire on board a derelict barge in King's Lynn.
Seven crews from across West Norfolk were sent to the Nar Loop, next to the Boal Quay car park, where the wooden vessel has been grounded for more than 20 years.
They have been using main and hosereel jets to battle the blaze.
The alarm was raised after smoke was seen coming from the rear of the boat vessel just after 1pm.
The barge was formerly used as a houseboat. But police said the vessel is believed to be derelict and there was no-one on board at the time the fire broke out.
You may also want to watch:
The Nar Loop - once part of a more extensive river frontage and home to shipbuilding and the Lynn whaling fleet - is now an expanse of mud and reed, where a number of hulks have been left to rot.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?