Boat capsizes at Harbour Bar, Blakeney, during fishing trip
A woman was taken to hospital after the boat she was fishing in capsized last night (Friday).
The casualty who is in her 40s from Scotland was mackerel fishing at Harbour Bar, Blakeney, with a man, also in his 40s from Cambridgeshire.
Wells inshore lifeboat was launched just before 7.30pm and because the sea conditions were choppy the all-weather lifeboat was also called out.
The couple were rescued by a rigid inflatable boat from Norfolk Etc Sailing School, based in Morston.
The capsized boat was towed to Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics took the woman, who was suffering with shock, to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for observation. The man did not need any medical attention.
A wave which hit the boat the couple were fishing in caused the vessel to capsize.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
The alarm was raised after they set off red flares.