Blogger tells of her favourite finds on Norwich market
- Credit: Archant
As part of the Evening News' Get Behind Your Market campaign, reader and blogger Leah Larwood told us about her memories of the market and her favourite foodie finds.
When I was a child the main reason you headed to Norwich Market was to buy a cone of chips, a bunch of grapes or a piece of fresh fish.
These days the market has become a bit of a food-lover's paradise, especially if you take a stroll down Row B which I think should be renamed, Foodie Row. Here you'll find the tastiest artisan bread, the best vegan take-away food, an impressive selection of herbs and spices, and freshly brewed coffee.
Of course, there's nothing quite like an egg bap from Reggie's with a strong cup of tea on a Saturday morning or some timeless comfort food from the third-generation Mushy Pea Stall. It was really difficult to pick just 10 but here we go, in no particular order:
1) For the best free-from produce: Norfolk Kind Foods Gluten-Free Bakers
You may also want to watch:
2) For the best chip shop chips in the city: Ron's
3) For the best bread in the city centre: Norwich Providore
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 5 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 9 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
4) For the best vegan take-away: Bia Kitchen
5) For the best coffee: Little Red Roaster
6) For the best local and seasonal fruit and veg, there's two for this category: Green Grocers Mike, Debs and Sons: or Folland Organics.
7) For the best oriental produce: The Oriental Express Shop.
8) For the best cheese in Norwich: The Cheese Man.
9) For the best pizza, well it's on the outskirts of the market: The new wood-fired pizza bar brick.
10) For the best herbs and spices: Herbs and Spices.
• To read Leah's full post, visit rootsandtoots.com/2016/02/01/top-10-foodie-finds-on-norwich-market