Blogger tells of her favourite finds on Norwich market
- Credit: Archant
As part of the Evening News' Get Behind Your Market campaign, reader and blogger Leah Larwood told us about her memories of the market and her favourite foodie finds.
When I was a child the main reason you headed to Norwich Market was to buy a cone of chips, a bunch of grapes or a piece of fresh fish.
These days the market has become a bit of a food-lover's paradise, especially if you take a stroll down Row B which I think should be renamed, Foodie Row. Here you'll find the tastiest artisan bread, the best vegan take-away food, an impressive selection of herbs and spices, and freshly brewed coffee.
Of course, there's nothing quite like an egg bap from Reggie's with a strong cup of tea on a Saturday morning or some timeless comfort food from the third-generation Mushy Pea Stall. It was really difficult to pick just 10 but here we go, in no particular order:
1) For the best free-from produce: Norfolk Kind Foods Gluten-Free Bakers
2) For the best chip shop chips in the city: Ron's
3) For the best bread in the city centre: Norwich Providore
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
4) For the best vegan take-away: Bia Kitchen
5) For the best coffee: Little Red Roaster
6) For the best local and seasonal fruit and veg, there's two for this category: Green Grocers Mike, Debs and Sons: or Folland Organics.
7) For the best oriental produce: The Oriental Express Shop.
8) For the best cheese in Norwich: The Cheese Man.
9) For the best pizza, well it's on the outskirts of the market: The new wood-fired pizza bar brick.
10) For the best herbs and spices: Herbs and Spices.
• To read Leah's full post, visit rootsandtoots.com/2016/02/01/top-10-foodie-finds-on-norwich-market