Plans lodged to 'future-proof' village GP surgery with expansion
- Credit: Google
Plans have been lodged to "future-proof" a village's GP surgery with a "much-needed" expansion.
Growing levels of development in Blofield in recent years have left the village's medical centre under growing pressure, as the population of its catchment area increases.
Now, proposals have been made for the centre to undergo a significant expansion, which if approved will allow it to increase its staff force by 50pc.
Funded by NHS England, the expansion will provide the surgery with an additional 365sqm of space, creating three additional consulting rooms, mental health space and a new treatment room - along with 11 new car parking spaces.
Papers submitted with the application say: "The proposed extension represents modest development that will future-proof Blofield Surgery and allow the practice to continue to deliver primary care to the ever-growing patient lists within its catchment area in modern, purpose-built clinical space."
You may also want to watch:
Broadland Council will consider the application in due course.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed