Blofield landowner seeks permission for private motocross track next to his property
- Credit: Archant
A Blofield landowner is seeking planning permission for a private motocross track next to his property.
John Cole has applied to Broadland District Council for permission for the circuit, located next to Red House on Shack Lane, Blofield.
The retrospective application states that the motocross track sits within the property's garden, taking up 0.4 hectares.
It has already been operating for six months, and planning papers claim its impact on the immediate neighbourhood has been 'minimal'.
'This proposal has been landscaped to provide a challenging motor cross circuit,' the application said.
You may also want to watch:
'But [it] has also been designed so as not to impact on the neighbours and as such is not visible from the adjoining fields.
'The site will be C3 [dwelling] use in its entirety with no commercial use. The motor cross track is entirely for personal use by Mr Cole and his family.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage