Man arrested following arson attack at Norwich home
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A man has been arrested following an arson attack at a home in Norwich.
Police were called to Half Mile Close at about 2am this morning to reports of a fire in a garden.
Firefighters from Sprowston and Earlham were already on scene and spent around 40 minutes tackling the blaze.
Police said initial enquiries found that the fire was started deliberately.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said a man in his 30s has now been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He has been taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and remains in custody.
A police cordon has been put in place at the scene whilst enquiries continue.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
Firefighters were called to the scene at about 1.30am. They had brought it under control by just before 2.10am.
Meanwhile, firefighters from Sprowston and Earlham were also called to a shed fire in Tills Road, Sprowston this morning. They were called to that fire, which spread to a nearby fence, at about 5.50am. The flames had been doused by 6.25am.