Blaze in grill pan of oven tackled by Lowestoft firefighters

Suffolk Fire and Rescue.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue. - Credit: Nick Butcher

Firefighters from Lowestoft quickly dealt with a minor blaze in the grill pan of an oven at a home in the town.

A crew from North Lowestoft and a second crew from Lowestoft South fire stations were called out following reports of a fire at property in Ashby Road, Lowestoft at about 12.50pm today (Friday).

They arrived at the scene of the blaze, just off Norwich Road, and quickly tackled the fire.

A brigade spokesman said this call-out was a 'fire in grill pan of an oven,' with crews putting out the blaze using 'two breathing apparatus and one hose reel.'

The scene was cleared by 1.12pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus