North Norfolk rowing club appeals for new members ahead of summer season
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk's Blakeney Rowing Club has put out an appeal for new members as this year's season gets into full swing.
The club's members, known as 'Crabbers', row from Blakeney towards Blakeney Point, or, if the tide is right, towards Cley, in its two skiffs, Hoi Larntan and Bluejacket.
Barry Howes, from the club, said no previous experience was necessary and people of all ages could take part.
He said: 'An evening row may well end with Crabbers adjourning to a local pub. There are competitive events scheduled throughout the season, but there is no requirement to participate in these. The main pleasure lies in discovering a new sport in beautiful surroundings. 'You will always be looked after.'
Outings typically last for two hours, with breaks.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Howes said anyone considering joining could have three free sample rows.
For more information call 01263 761570 or visit crablakeney.wordpress.com.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom