Special blessing for £2m YMCA community hub
- Credit: YMCA Norfolk
A new £2m community hub has been blessed by the Bishop of Norwich.
The Rt Rev Graham Usher was one of the first visitors to the YMCA centre, built on the former site of Jubilee Hall on Aylsham Road, Norwich.
It includes the 90-place Ofsted-registered Muddy Puddles Nursery, a cafe, soft play area and the new base for YMCA Norfolk staff.
Tim Sweeting, YMCA Norfolk chief executive, said: "Our new building is one of which we are extremely proud.
"We are confident it will bring an abundance of hope and a sense of community."
Bishop Graham was given a covid-secure tour alongside the charity's president, General Lord Dannatt, Lady Philippa Dannatt, the Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk, and chair of trustees Phillip Macdonald.
He said: "It was my delight to dedicate YMCA Norfolk’s community hub. May it flourish as it demonstrates the love of Jesus in supporting young people and families to build firm foundations."
- 1 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 4 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named