Birthday celebrations at shop opened by the Duchess of Cambridge
- Credit: PA
A charity shop which was opened by the Duchess of Cambridge is celebrating its first birthday on Saturday, March 18.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shop in Station Road, Holt has enjoyed a 'fantastic' 12 months of trading.
Celebrations will include special offers on the day with activities including a birthday cake, drinks and a one-day raffle, with first prize a hand-decorated print 'Magic Fun Fair' by Norfolk-based Lucy Loveheart.
Shop manager Jill Gould said: 'The support from people in and around Holt has been incredible.'
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia and supports their families.
You may also want to watch:
The Duchess of Cambridge, who is the charity's royal patron, became the first customer at the shop last March, and met staff and long-serving volunteers and families who receive care and support from EACH.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage