Birthday boy Brian back on the road again for grand tractor parade
- Credit: Archant � 2007
Tractors have been a big part of Brian Cottrell's life man and boy.
So what could be a better birthday celebration than a grand parade of the chugging workhouses - one for each of his 80 years.
And when Mr Cottrell leads the convoy of vintage machines he will be hoping to harvest a crop of charity cash.
The former landscape gardener is hoping to raise £10,000 in aid of prostate cancer care at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he was successfully treated for prostate cancer
The birthday tractor run and vintage fayre, at Briston near Holt on June 11, will also feature a collection of Ford Model Ts and steam cars and an array of entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
'I had a big collection of 45 tractors at one stage but now own seven,' said Mr Cottrell.
'I am hoping my daughters will also be driving them on the day, they haven't got behind the wheel yet, but am aiming to give them some practice.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
He added: 'I was diagnosed with prostate cancer six years ago and this is paying a debt of gratitude for the treatment I have received.'
Mr Cottrell regularly takes part in charity tractor runs for good causes and previously organised a fun rally which raised £14,000 for Papworth Hospital at Cambridge 10 years ago.
Brian's 80th birthday tractor run and vintage fayre is taking place at Briston Recreation Ground on June 11 from 10am to 4pm.