Bingo night to be help as pub hopes to raise funds for Excel Appeal
Members of the public are invited to take part in a bingo night to help raise money for a hospital appeal.
The Peddars Inn, on The Street, Sporle, near Swaffham, will host the event tomorrow in a bid to help the Queen Elizabeth Hospital's Excel Appeal.
Attendees can pay £5 for a book of 12 games or play the cash game at £1 per card.
The total amount of funds raised will be split between the winner of the cash game and the Excel Appeal.
The appeal, which is supported by the EDP, aims to raise £50,000 to help buy specialist care equipment which would improve the treatment and comfort of elderly people in hospital.
This equipment includes a falls prevention kit, comfortable reclining chairs, and dementia software.
So far around £25,000 has been raised.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
The bingo night starts at 7.30pm. Meals and bar snacks will be available from 6pm.
To reserve a bingo table call 01760 788101.