Bin storage area could become a focal point of Great Yarmouth if plans are approved
- Credit: Fletcher King
A bin storage area could become a focal point for Great Yarmouth after plans were submitted to the borough council to turn it into a new shop or cafe.
The application for 12 King Street is on the corner of Regent Road and Theatre Plain, behind the Clarks shoe shop and opposite Costa Coffee.
A artists' impression visualisation shows a new frontage that would create a corner unit which would be prominent on the street and be the first thing many visitors saw when walking up from the seafront.
Planning permission is needed to make alterations to the Theatre Plain side which includes a new glazed shop front and doors to enclose the colonnaded area which is currently used to store waste bins.
The 370sq.metres (nearly 4,000sq.ft) space could provide a new cafe space or a shop in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
It is already being advertised on a Norwich-based chartered surveyors site as a new retail opportunity
The planning document states the new business could provide around eight new jobs.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
A decision is due from the borough council on the plans in the new year.