Search

Fire crew called to ‘dog waste bin’ blaze in Taverham

PUBLISHED: 11:43 21 November 2017 | UPDATED: 11:43 21 November 2017

Crews tackled a blaze in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Crews tackled a blaze in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

The fire service has been called to blaze which residents said happened in a “dog poo bin”.

They were called to Kingswood Avenue in Taverham by police at 10.30pm on Monday following reports of a bin fire. One crew from Carrow attended and crews used hose reel jets to extinguish it.

Residents on the Thorpe Marriott (Drayton & Taverham) Community Page on Facebook have claimed the fire was started deliberately and some reported hearing loud bangs in the area at the time.

The police and fire service could not confirm this.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press