Bikers dress up as Santa to give hospitalised children hundreds of presents
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Dozens of bikers from have dressed up as Father Christmas and delivered nearly 400 presents to children staying in a Norwich hospital.
More than 30 bikers from the Wroxham-based club NOTAS took their motorcycles on a 20-mile trip to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to deliver hundreds of pounds of gifts to sick children.
"We are all dressed as Santa, and we have one club member who turned a trailer into a sleigh for his trike," Barry Dunning, the club's vice president said.
"We wanted to make sure the kids had presents on Christmas Day in the hospital, as obviously depending on the situation it might be the last thing parents are thinking of, and some people can't afford it."
The club raised more than £300 in 2019 through a rock night at the Salhouse Lodge, donation points in Norwich pubs, and donations from members.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
- 10 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch