Biker in 40s suffers serious injuries in crash
- Credit: Google Street View
A motorcyclist in his 40s suffered serious injuries following a collision in west Norfolk.
Police were called just after 5.15pm on Saturday (August 7) following reports of a crash on Old Severalls Road in Methwold Hythe.
A black Suzuki Bandit had left the road and collided with a raised grass verge, causing the rider to be thrown from the bike.
He was left seriously injured and had to be taken to hospital via air ambulance.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash or the manner of driving beforehand.
The biker is believed to have been travelling in a small convoy of motorcycles heading towards Methwold.
Anyone with relevant information or dashcam footage is urged to contact PC Richard Vinen at Swaffham Police Station by calling 101, quoting incident number 305 of August 7.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time