Biker in 60s dies in crash with lorry
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died following a crash which closed a road for several hours.
Emergency services were called shortly after 7.40am on Monday (September 7) morning after reports of a collision involving a motorbike and a lorry on Mill Road in Burston, near Diss.
The road was closed for more than six hours while rescue teams, including the air ambulance, dealt with the incident.
On Monday afternoon, police confirmed the motorbike rider, a man in his 60s from the Burston area, had been pronounced dead at the scene.
Mill Road has since reopened.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has information about the driving manner of the lorry or the riding manner of the motorbike before the collision. They’re also eager to hear from anyone with dashcam footage.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dashcam footage should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting incident number 67 of 7 September 2020.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 7 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 8 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 9 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 10 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel