Big smiles after schoolboy wins Mini competition
- Credit: Archant
There were smiles all round when Finley Williams was named the winner of a competition that will see his designs on a fleet of cars around Norwich.
AbbotFox, an estate agents in the city, welcomed more than 100 schools to take part in their re-branding competition, asking pupils to create designs for four Mini Coopers the company uses to shuttle clients around.
Teenagers were given a brief to incorporate the brand colours, but were encouraged to be as imaginative as they could.
Finalists were whittled down to entries from Wymondham College, City College and Attleborough Academy and finally Finley Williams, from Attleborough Academy, was named the winner.
AbbotFox contacted his design teacher, Luke Jeffs, and he broke the news to Finley.
Samuel Le Good, an abbotFox partner, said: 'It was a tough choice to pick the winning design, but from the social media comments and tough deliberation in the office we concluded that Finley's design was simple but effective and was exactly what we were looking for.
'We are really happy with the design and can't wait to showcase them on viewings in Norwich and Norfolk.'
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 9 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
The Mini Coopers wrapped in Finley's design were revealed at an event at the school on Wednesday. Joined by his teachers and staff from the estate agency, he got to see the fleet – and sit in the driver's seat for the first time.
The cars also feature his signature and his school's logo.
If you have a news story about a local person's accomplishment, email email@example.com or call 01603 772531.