Big red bus driver offers free rides for charity
- Credit: Archant
Following last year's success Norwich Routemaster are offering festive shoppers the chance to hop on a vintage London bus to raise money for The Big C.
Last year David McMaster, who runs Awayadays Routemaster Hire, raised £1,500 for The Benjamin Foundation by allowing the public onto his bus for free.
This year shoppers will be able to experience the charm of a genuine London bus, complete with driver and conductor dressed ready for Christmas.
David and his team have chosen The Big C following the sad loss of two of their colleagues, Ray Traynor and David Brown.
Dr Chris Bushby, Chief Executive at Big C said, 'We are honoured to have been chosen as this year's charity for the Christmas vintage bus rides in memory of the team's colleagues.'
You may also want to watch:
The free service will take place between December 20 -24 with six trips each day, departing hourly from Castle Meadow between 10.30 - 15.30.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park