Big red bus driver offers free rides for charity
- Credit: Archant
Following last year's success Norwich Routemaster are offering festive shoppers the chance to hop on a vintage London bus to raise money for The Big C.
Last year David McMaster, who runs Awayadays Routemaster Hire, raised £1,500 for The Benjamin Foundation by allowing the public onto his bus for free.
This year shoppers will be able to experience the charm of a genuine London bus, complete with driver and conductor dressed ready for Christmas.
David and his team have chosen The Big C following the sad loss of two of their colleagues, Ray Traynor and David Brown.
Dr Chris Bushby, Chief Executive at Big C said, 'We are honoured to have been chosen as this year's charity for the Christmas vintage bus rides in memory of the team's colleagues.'
You may also want to watch:
The free service will take place between December 20 -24 with six trips each day, departing hourly from Castle Meadow between 10.30 - 15.30.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show