Big red bus driver offers free rides for charity
- Credit: Archant
Following last year's success Norwich Routemaster are offering festive shoppers the chance to hop on a vintage London bus to raise money for The Big C.
Last year David McMaster, who runs Awayadays Routemaster Hire, raised £1,500 for The Benjamin Foundation by allowing the public onto his bus for free.
This year shoppers will be able to experience the charm of a genuine London bus, complete with driver and conductor dressed ready for Christmas.
David and his team have chosen The Big C following the sad loss of two of their colleagues, Ray Traynor and David Brown.
Dr Chris Bushby, Chief Executive at Big C said, 'We are honoured to have been chosen as this year's charity for the Christmas vintage bus rides in memory of the team's colleagues.'
You may also want to watch:
The free service will take place between December 20 -24 with six trips each day, departing hourly from Castle Meadow between 10.30 - 15.30.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season