Big night for The Voice contestant from Norfolk
The Voice hopeful Toni Warne has laughed off her anguished expressions as she performs – and said she pulls 'really scary faces'.
The 34-year-old former Opportunity Knocks winner from Gorleston is set to belt out Tina Turner's Proud Mary on tonight's live heat of the BBC1 talent search – and said she will not be adding any dance moves.
'Dancing's not really my field. I tend to leave dancing alone. And apparently I pull really scary faces as I strut about,' she said.
Former child star Toni, who is being coached by chart-topper Jessie J, lost all her hair at 21 as a result of alopecia and has struggled with her confidence as a result. But the singer said she felt ready for her moment in the spotlight – even if she did not relish watching her performances back on screen.
'It's good to look at yourself – well, it's not – but it's good as an artist to look back and think, 'Wow, maybe I should ease off on that' or 'That was good',' she said.
'That, ultimately, is what Jessie's about. Be yourself, be who you are and then there are things she can help and coach you with, which there certainly have been. She's been terrific.'' Spixworth's Sam Kelly will find out this evening if he has been made it through to the live semi-finals of Britain's Got Talent.
The 19-year-old is hoping to be given the chance to perform live on ITV1 later this week after he impressed judges with his version of Make You Feel My Love at his first audition.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash