Big names from the world of darts announced for popular charity competition
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for a popular annual charity darts competition has been announced.
The Charity Darts Masters attracts the big names from the world of darts who compete to be crowned Norwich Charity Darts Masters Champion while helping to raise money.
Over the past two years the event has raised more than £22,000.
Held at Norwich City Football Club, this year former World Darts Champion and reigning Norwich Charity Darts Champion Steve Beaton will be joined by former World Number One Colin Lloyd; former World Darts Champion Bob Anderson, and Kevin Painter, who was the PDC World Championship finalist.
The trophy, which was donated by David Willimott of Carmichael's in Magdalene Street in 2015, has also been lifted by Keith Deller.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will also allow people to meet the sporting legends.
Lord Russell Baker of Little Moulton and the event organiser, said, 'I'm simply thrilled to be able to bring another top night of darts legends to Norwich for the third year running.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
The event is held in aid of the Lord Baker Community Fund which is managed by the Norfolk community foundation which funds local charities through grants.
Charities which will receive donations from the darts event held on Saturday, June 24, include Star Throwers, Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS), Chapel Road School in Attleborough and The Norfolk Community Foundation.
In addition, funding is also provided to aid local community projects where invitations are encouraged each year for grants of up to £1,000.
Tickets start at £20 each and are available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/norwich-charity-darts-masters-2017-tickets-28989725048
or via Amber Dew Events http://www.norfolklord.co.uk/