Big names from the world of darts announced for popular charity competition
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for a popular annual charity darts competition has been announced.
The Charity Darts Masters attracts the big names from the world of darts who compete to be crowned Norwich Charity Darts Masters Champion while helping to raise money.
Over the past two years the event has raised more than £22,000.
Held at Norwich City Football Club, this year former World Darts Champion and reigning Norwich Charity Darts Champion Steve Beaton will be joined by former World Number One Colin Lloyd; former World Darts Champion Bob Anderson, and Kevin Painter, who was the PDC World Championship finalist.
The trophy, which was donated by David Willimott of Carmichael's in Magdalene Street in 2015, has also been lifted by Keith Deller.
The evening will also allow people to meet the sporting legends.
Lord Russell Baker of Little Moulton and the event organiser, said, 'I'm simply thrilled to be able to bring another top night of darts legends to Norwich for the third year running.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 5 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 8 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 9 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
The event is held in aid of the Lord Baker Community Fund which is managed by the Norfolk community foundation which funds local charities through grants.
Charities which will receive donations from the darts event held on Saturday, June 24, include Star Throwers, Norfolk Accident Rescue Service (NARS), Chapel Road School in Attleborough and The Norfolk Community Foundation.
In addition, funding is also provided to aid local community projects where invitations are encouraged each year for grants of up to £1,000.
Tickets start at £20 each and are available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/norwich-charity-darts-masters-2017-tickets-28989725048
or via Amber Dew Events http://www.norfolklord.co.uk/