Big fundraising show to take place in Bradenham to help young kickboxer heading to World Martial Arts Games in Orlando
- Credit: Ian Burt
A village in Norfolk is coming together to support young martial arts star who will represent the UK in the World Martial Arts Games in Orlando.
To help ten year old Bonnie Chamberlin raise the money she needs for her trip to America, a huge evening of entertainment and music is to take place at Bradenham Village Hall.
The show will be a collaboration between local musicians whose combined experience includes working with artists such as Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Chuck Berry and The Drifters.
They will be performing classic music from the Great American Song Book, which includes some of the most important and influential American pop and jazz songs from the early 20th century.
Drummer Bob Doré said: 'We all go to The Lord Nelson pub and during one visit on a Sunday lunchtime Bonnie and her mum Lorraine came in and the conversation came up about how she has to raise money. We just jumped in straight away and said we'll put something together.'
You may also want to watch:
The whole show is being overseen by Roger Lee, an experience entertainment director and comedian who has worked on performances for cruise lines including P&O, Fred Olson Lines and Cunard.
Mr Lee's wife, Grace Lee, will also perform at the show, lending her voice to classic songs from musicals, such as Evita, All That Jazz and Bye Bye Blackbird.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Bonnie's mum, Lorraine Davis, said: 'This show means an awful lot to us. To be honest I have been absolutely gobsmacked that people in a local village will put themselves out there for others in this way. I don't even know the guys other than Roger and the fact they are willing to do all this for Bonnie is just amazing.
'We started fundraising beginning of January, it's a slow process and more and more expenses seem to keep cropping up but we are getting their slowly. We've still got more tickets for this show to sell and when I had told Bonnie about it all she said to me, 'I can't believe they are willing to do this for me'. It's wonderful.'
The show will be taking place at Bradenham Village Hall at 7.30pm on Saturday, June 3. Pre-booked tickets will cost £8.50 and can be booked via The Lord Nelson Pub on 01362 822111 or Mrs Davis on 07510 150704. Bonnie can also be supported via her Just Giving webpage.