Big demand for Breckland's top job
IAN CLARKE A total of 35 people have applied to become Breckland Council's new £110,000-a-year chief executive.
A total of 35 people have applied to become Breckland Council's new £110,000-a-year chief executive.
The authority is "very pleased" with the response to recruitment for the replacement top officer, who will also get performance- related pay.
A "good mix" of public and private sector personnel have applied to become the new permanent chief executive following the saga surrounding the departure of Becky Hellard.
Keith Davis is the interim chief executive and there is a timetable to find the permanent head, including longlist interviews, creating a shortlist and a range of interviews before Breck-land's full council makes a final decision on March 29.
Councils normally expect about 25 applicants for a chief executive post and leader William Nunn said he was "very pleased".
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in Norwich
"It is a high response rate - with a good mixture of public and private sector backgrounds.
"We are looking for someone to continue our growth and development, and help us create a council that can generate income through creative asset management and trading of services. We look forward to the next stage in the process," said Mr Nunn.
Ms Hellard - who got a £65,000 pay-off from Breckland - has now started at Bradford Council as its strategic director for corporate services.