Big C asks for home fundraisers to join in Big Cuppa
- Credit: Big C
Coffee and tea drinkers are being asked to think about hosting a virtual fundraiser from the comfort of their own home to help raise money for those affected by cancer.
Charity Big C is gearing up for its annual Big Cuppa coffee morning which takes place on World Cancer Day on Thursday, February 4.
Due to lockdown, they are asking people to join the event online with friends, family and colleagues.
Tom Holmes, events and engagement manager at Big C, said, “Last year we had places like Virgin Money Lounge, the hospital, our Big C shops and our centres hosting in-person Big Cuppa events. This year of course, things need to be very different, but we are hoping lots of local people will still take part and host a Big Cuppa in the safety of our own homes."
Donations can be made online at the Big C's website or by writing donate £5 via text, to 70970.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up visit https://fundraise.big-c.co.uk/event/big-cuppa-for-world-cancer-day/for more information.
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 6 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended