Big C asks for home fundraisers to join in Big Cuppa
- Credit: Big C
Coffee and tea drinkers are being asked to think about hosting a virtual fundraiser from the comfort of their own home to help raise money for those affected by cancer.
Charity Big C is gearing up for its annual Big Cuppa coffee morning which takes place on World Cancer Day on Thursday, February 4.
Due to lockdown, they are asking people to join the event online with friends, family and colleagues.
Tom Holmes, events and engagement manager at Big C, said, “Last year we had places like Virgin Money Lounge, the hospital, our Big C shops and our centres hosting in-person Big Cuppa events. This year of course, things need to be very different, but we are hoping lots of local people will still take part and host a Big Cuppa in the safety of our own homes."
Donations can be made online at the Big C's website or by writing donate £5 via text, to 70970.
To sign up visit https://fundraise.big-c.co.uk/event/big-cuppa-for-world-cancer-day/for more information.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed